Get no-cost upgrades for your home with the Energy Savings Assistance Program
For qualified customers, Balanced Comfort is able to provide energy efficiency updates to homes at zero cost. This is made possible through the Energy Savings Assistance Program (ESAP), and can cover services that can make your home run more safely and efficiently.
Is the Energy Saving Assistance Program really free?
Yes, ESAP is provided at no cost to residents by the California Public Utilities Commission, in order to help make homes more safe, efficient and comfortable. The skilled technicians at Balanced Comfort are trained and approved to provide ESAP services to residents in our service areas. That means if you qualify, these services are performed at no cost to you.
What services are covered?
Under the Energy Savings Assistance Program, we can help upgrade parts of your home such as:
- Attic Insulation – Proper attic insulation helps keep your home comfortable and your energy bills low
- Caulking – Sealing cracks, gaps or joints in your home can help minimize energy leaks
- Weatherstripping – Applying weatherstripping is an effective way to prevent energy from escaping through your doors and certain windows
- Water-saving equipment – Certain devices such as faucet aerators, shower control valves and low-flow shower heads help reduce the amount of water you use
- Energy-efficient lighting – Energy-efficient LED light bulbs last longer and run more efficiently than older, traditional bulbs
How do I know if I qualify for ESAP?
No-cost energy upgrades from the ESAP is available to low-income households, with the following income guidelines:
|Number of persons in household||Total annual household income*|
|1-2||$34,480 or less|
|3||$43,440 or less|
|4||$52,400 or less|
|5||$61,360 or less|
|6||$70,320 or less|
|7||$79,280 or less|
|8||$88,240 or less|
|9||$97,200 or less|
|10||$106,160 or less|
|For each additional person, add||$8,960|
You may need to show proof of your income, or participation in qualified assistance programs. Our specialists can work with you to help determine if you’re qualified for the program.
Contact us today to find out how the ESAP program can help your home run more efficiently, at no cost to you.
*BEFORE TAXES BASED ON CURRENT INCOME SOURCES. VALID THROUGH MAY 31, 2021.